We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Workers Compensation Team Leader to join a long standing highly regarded insurance organisation based in the heart of Sydney CBD.
This organisation values their staff and ensures their employees have a fantastic work life balance.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of a team of experienced claims case managers including work allocation, coaching and mentoring, overseeing complaint claims, compliance and reporting.
Your duties will include -
- Coach, guide, mentor and develop a of a team of up to 10 case managers
- Ensure daily workflow, compliance and authorisations are completed
- Guide and provide authority for soundly based liability decisions
- Ensure that claims estimates are accurate and maintained in lines with state guidelines
- Act as the primary escalation contact point and prepare recommendations for decisions to be escalated including litigated matters and lump sums
- Drive efficient and effective claims rehabilitation and technical strategies to support early return to work and mitigate claims leakage
Essential Requirements -
- Strong team leadership experience in Workers Compensation claims
- Proven ability to coach and motivate others to achieve results
- Effective negotiation, communication, influencing and dispute resolution skills
- Experience in and ability to provide insight on claims performance and data trends and target process improvement
- Ability to drive and influence change
To express your interest in this position please submit your resume through the Apply link or should you wish to have a confidential chat please contact Karla Smith on 0416 968 010 or