UNIT MANAGER, UNDERWRITING SERVICES | MELBOURNE
- LEADERSHIP POSITION
- MARKET LEADING INSURER
- EXCELLENT EXPOSURE TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT
This is a leadership position within a global insurer that is suitable for candidates with a background in any aspect of insurance, that are an operations gun and have leadership aspirations and the ability to manage a team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is a well known and respected global insurer operating in the property and casualty space. With offices all around the world the long-term career opportunities are limitless. Based in their modern Melbourne CBD office you will lead a team of Underwriting Assistants who support the market facing underwriters.
- Facilitate work streams to ensure achievement of desired business outcomes
- Liaise with Distribution Leaders and Product Managers to understand and achieve Underwriting deliverable
- Coordinate workflow between various business units
- Engage with Business Improvement team to use stakeholder feedback to improve efficiencies in processes
- Involvement in process design as needs of business develop
- Monitor and report the overall workflow to ensure process life cycle is achieved in a compliant manor
- Work with Underwriting Assistants to support their work needs and longer term career development
- A firm understanding of the insurance policy life cycle
- Management experience is not necessary but strong leadership ability is required
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A strong work ethic
- Backgrounds from any sector with insurance are welcome (claims, Underwriting, Life Insurance or Broking)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume via the APPLY NOW button, due to the anticipated high volume of applicants if you have not received a response within 48 hours your application has been unsuccessful.
Call Jared on 0437 319 351 for an enquiries
ABOUT BLAKE OLIVER
Our clients are our partners, that's why we choose each other carefully
Insurance & Risk Management is at the very core of our business at Blake Oliver, our experienced consultants have worked in this sector for up to 18 years. We have worked with administrators, through to C-Suite, underwriters through to product managers. We have placed brokers, claims handlers, senior managers and BDM's and many more. Whether you work in General Insurance, Life Insurance, Superannuation or Financial Planning our consultants are here for you. Take the next step, contact us today.