Rare opportunity with an International Insurer to join as a Senior Underwriter within Financial Lines. Key focus on developing new relationships & maintaining existing network within the Melbourne market. Market facing Underwriters with experience handling Corporate risks are encouraged to apply.
- Underwriting across all product lines within the binder parameters and your underwriting authority
- Monitor ongoing policy performance to identify opportunities for remedial or corrective underwriting
- Underwrite using approved tools and in complete alignment with agreed underwriting processes and guidelines
- Ensure customer service is consistently provided at a high level. Specifically providing timely service of quote requests and ensuring that underwriting tasks are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify business development opportunities that fall within underwriting appetite out of interaction with existing and new brokers
- Structured approach to broker networking to ensure that the broader broker network is aware of products and capabilities.
- Monitor market, competition and intermediaries to identify opportunities for product or customer performance uplift
Key Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Insurance market – preferably with solid experience across public/product liability, PI and ML.
- Demonstrated ability to influence in the commercial Broker and Adviser insurance market to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Understanding of relevant Insurance products, industry, market environment etc
- Underwrites in accordance with Risk Appetite & Delegated Underwriting Authority
- Use technical product knowledge to set terms and conditions and determine their acceptability in comparison to risk appetite for each customer
- Well versed and comfortable driving new business development or with ambitions to step into a development role.
Please apply directly or reach out to Greig on 0476 806 232 for a confidential discussion