A large national underwriting agency specialized in a niche product line is currently looking for a strong Assistant Underwriter to join their growing team. The position driver is underwriting, servicing & development ensuring a professional approach in all stakeholder interactions and that company policies, procedures and guidelines are met always.
ABOUT THE ROLE :
- Underwriting across all product lines within the binder parameters and your underwriting authority.
- Processing and document issuance of new business, renewals and endorsements ensuring all interactions are performed in an efficient & effective manner adhering to the required processes for each transaction type.
- Apply efficient, effective, and sound underwriting practices to new business, mid-term amendments and renewal management
- Identify business development opportunities that fall within the underwriting agency appetite out of interaction with existing and new brokers. This includes a structured approach to broker networking to ensure that the broader broker network is aware of the company's products and capabilities.
- Process Improvement - actively seek opportunities to enable our processes to be more efficient & effective.
- Proven experience as an underwriter
- Knowledge and experience in a broad range of insurance plans (for example automobile, fire, life, property, medical etc.)
- Technical underwriting of products
- Proficiency with underwriting systems and general reporting
- Results driven
- Attention to detail
- Team player
ABOUT BLAKE OLIVER
Insurance & Risk Management is at the very core of our business at Blake Oliver, our experienced consultants have worked in this sector for up to 18 years. We have worked with administrators, through to C-Suite, underwriters through to product managers. We have placed brokers, claims handlers, senior managers and BDM's and many more. Whether you work in General Insurance, Life Insurance, Superannuation or Financial Planning our consultants are here for you. Take the next step, contact us today.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume via the APPLY NOW button. Feel free to contact Sofie at 0422 76 13 40 for more information.