The product – Legal Expense insurance – is a successful globally sold product, with the firm keen to look to Australia as their next new market opportunity, based on its success in other international markets. The parent company has been trading since 1935 and is active in 19 other countries.
Ideal backgrounds for the role will be focused on current sales professionals in the General Insurance market close to the product’s market alignment with strong existing relationships in place which can be instantly leveraged. An ability to know and understand the product to be able to confidently answer queries and train brokers around where opportunities might exist is important.
Key responsibilities include:
- The ability to generate new business from the Broker / Industry sectors to be able to meet sales targets while meeting the company’s underwriting criteria
- Ability to demonstrate business planning skills to achieve visitation and sales targets including identifying, targeting, researching and analysing sales options
- Conduct broker training and presentations to understand client needs and offering solutions and support, while working closely with the Underwriting department to ensure quality service and standards are maintained.
- Have a “hands on” attitude and be willing to undertake administrative tasks such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals when required.
- Well-developed contacts and relationships within the Insurance industry, ideally developed over a minimum of 5 years, but ideally up to 10+.
- Extensive knowledge of the Insurance sales process including pipeline and CRM system development, account management and development, with an attention to detail
- Strong market reputation combined with well-developed client presentations and interpersonal sales skills (negotiating, influencing, etc.)
- Ability to help grow a start-up business in growing its presence in a competitive market with a willingness to be self-sufficient as well as a team player in a growing, dynamic environment.
- Ideally, a strong technical background in the General Insurance sector, whether from a Legal or Insurance perspective, while a combination of both would see your application stand out from the crowd.
Alternatively, please call Shane Watson on 0425 264 066 for a confidential discussion about how the combination of your strong product, qualifications and sales skills set you apart for this opportunity.