Based in the CBD, this niche insurer is looking for an experienced Casualty Underwriting Manager to run a small team. This is a 'hands on position' and will suit someone who enjoys being 'on the tools'. Will consider candidates at a Senior Underwriter level, looking to take the next step into a managerial position. The business offers a number of perks such as a Rostered Day off Monthly, onsite massages, subsidized gym membership and/or use of the onsite gym + more.
- Contribute towards the development of practical risk management products and services to assist clients minimise risk exposures.
- Analyse the 'claims database' to identify risk causes and loss trends that adversely impact the client and CCI's insurance portfolios.
- Advise and assist clients to develop, implement, monitor and maintain their risk management systems, processes and specific risk exposures.
- Develop and deliver risk management awareness training and education programs specific to managing risk inherent in the client's facilities and operations.
- Measure and report client engagement and the effectiveness of risk management advice and assistance delivered to clients.
- Delivery and implementation of high level technical projects
- Co-ordinate all other services and duties required to ensure the success of risk management products and services offered and delivered to clients.
- Provide support to the Head of Risk Management & Client Support when requested
- Qualified or suitably experienced Risk Management practitioner/WHS Practitioner with experience in operational and insurable risk.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting clients implement risk management frameworks and processes
- A good working knowledge of claims management, insurance policy wordings and their application
- A good working knowledge of Australian Standards:- AS/NZS - ISO 31000 International Standard - Risk Management - Principles and guidelines, AS 4801 -2001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems - Specification and Guidance for Use, AS/NZS 4804 -2001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems - General Guidelines on Principles, systems and supporting techniques
- Competent in the ability to investigate and apply relevant Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and Best Practice Guidelines to specific risk management advice
- Demonstrated experience in successful delivery of high level technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment, being 'hands on' and practical in the delivery of the project outcomes
- Ability to analyse claim and incident statistics to identify causal factors and loss trends
- Ability to investigate, report and articulate practical and written risk management advice to assist clients manage risk in their organization
- Confident & experienced public speaker and experienced trainer in the application of risk management frameworks and process
- Ability to manage multiple projects within an agreed time, budget and service quality
- Ability to manage an expense budget allocated by the Head of Risk Management & Client Support Ability to travel interstate / intrastate on a regular basis
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems
If this sounds like the typo of role that would suit your skills set and career goals apply now or call Julia Cooke 0452 442 733 for a confidential discussion.