As the Senior Branch Operations Officer, you will work closely with the Head of Branch Operations ANZ in supporting activities to drive oversight of the branch's operating platform, covering both P&C and L&H reinsurance business in ANZ Branch and oversight of the inhouse CRM system looking to maintain data quality and accuracy. These activities support legal entity management and operational excellence, in alignment with the company’s standards and in compliant with local regulatory requirements.
In addition, you will be involved in supporting outsourcing activities along with activities to support the preparation of input into the annual evolution of the strategy and business plan facilitating the development of insights.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Collaborate with the relevant functions (mainly enabling functions) to ensure appropriate quality and output is delivered through a coordinated approach. E.g. functional responsibility for ensuring compliance with APAC Outsourcing framework.
- Drive Operational Excellence within the branch (P&C and L&H), and utilise all existing resources (functions / subject matter expertise) to implement sustainable solutions; particularly any areas of potential operational weakness (e.g. ORM incident, ORM Event, GIA findings) and inconsistency across branches.
- Ensure a coordinated approach to all Business Reviews (GIA, ORM, BRR, IRR etc.) within the branch and support and/or deliver Business Continuity Management requirements.
- Responsible for the collaboration with other Asia teams such as the L&H and P&C Business Operations teams and Business Services to ensure an aligned approach for local execution
- Facilitate the implementation of market strategy and business plan, via supporting the local P&C and L&H CM Head. This may include maintenance and monitoring of business and operational plans and tracking activities to ensure timely execution of agreed actions; or project manage those large / prioritised initiatives
- Ability to research and translate complex concepts and information into business relevant insights and subsequently into appropriate communication channels;
- Relevant knowledge and expertise of the insurance or/and reinsurance industry, and the legal and economic/ social environment in which it operates
- Experience in strategy/business planning preferred with the ability to research and translate complex concepts and information into business relevant insights succinctly
- Strong influencing and communication skills working across a broad range of stakeholders (including senior managers) to obtain information, implement initiatives and drive successful completion of tasks and actions
- Agile with a "can-do" attitude and a strong attention to detail, backed by Project Management experience (ideally)
- Strong ability to manage expectations and deadlines in face of complexity, conflicting pressure and ambiguous circumstances
- Strong skill set in using the Microsoft suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Project & Word) and developing reporting for senior audiences backed by a relevant industry qualification and/or business degree (Business, Maths, Economics are seen as strong backgrounds for the role).
If this role sounds the like the perfect combination of your strong insurance skills within a dynamic, constantly changing team that offers essential support to the business, then please apply on line now to be considered.