Our client is one of Australia’s leading independent law firms.
They are currently looking for a Senior Associate to join their successful Commercial Litigation / R&I group in Brisbane. They have a reputation for undertaking the most complex, significant and high-profile matters, and delivering excellent results for their clients.
You will join a collaborative team and act for a variety of clients across a range of major complex commercial disputes, regulatory investigations and contentious insolvency matters. Acting on major complex commercial litigation in a wide range of areas, your key matters will involve significant litigation involving major energy and resources clients. You will be involved in preparing complex advices, preparing witness and expert evidence, liaising with Counsel, and assisting with each aspect of the conduct of proceedings. You will have frequent interaction with Partners in the litigation team and exposure to the corporate team and clients.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 6+ years' PQE within a commercial litigation or contentious restructuring and insolvency practice.
- Familiarity with Supreme/Federal Court litigation
- Proven court work experience, including; drafting court documents, affidavits, briefs, and the preparation of evidence.
- A strong work ethic and confidence to operate autonomously.
- Superior client service skills.
- An appetite for business development.
- A team player with strong time and project management skills.
For a confidential discussion on how Blake Oliver Consulting can help you with your career or to discuss opportunities in the Legal Market, please contact:
Peter Sheppard - Director of Legal
Executive Search | Destination Recruitment | Talent Acquisition | Management Consulting | Mental Health Advocate
Mobile: 0400 349 913