An opportunity exists to join a highly regarded MGA in the position of Property Underwriter. The primary focus will be underwriting new business and renewals within an established team of underwriters, whist utilising your market knowledge and relationships to leverage cross sell opportunities. A unique business, team and office awaits you!!
- Underwriting new business and renewals providing quotes in a timely and professional manner in line with agreed service standards
- Managing a portfolio to ensure profitability is maintained whilst achieving revenue targets that are set and agreed
- Conduct broker meetings to develop and deepen relationships, and bring in New Business submissions
- Liaise with other underwriting departments to target multi-line deals
- As appropriate, provide input to Management on profit analysis, premium planning, market and environment analysis
- 5 years+ experience in a property underwriting role
- Demonstrable ability to proactively identify and implement intelligent solutions to unique underwriting situations
- Appropriate levels of subject matter expertise in relation to: pricing techniques, alternative risk transfer and the development of reserves by individual case and by book of business
- Judgement, experience and confidence to make appropriate recommendations for tailoring coverage
- Able to work autonomously with the ability to manage numerous tasks within set time frames and meet deadlines
- A solid understanding of general insurance legislation is a prerequisite. Tier 2 and ANZIIF Insurance Diploma is highly favourable, but not essential
In an ideal world, you will already be in a similar underwriting role, but as the world isn't ideal, providing you have a strong property background, and demonstrable skills then we can still chat.
Or contact me directly