Based in the CBD, this niche insurer is currently seeking an experienced Underwriting Manager to head up their profitable property division.
The business itself has numerous benefits for their employees including: monthly RDO's, massages onsite, an onsite gym (or optional funded gym of your choice), huge refurbished lunchroom and balcony with bbq that overlooks the park and team social drinks.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensure profitability through monitoring portfolio performance and make adjustments where necessary with pricing team
- Oversee renewals team and ensure renewals are processed in a timely matter
- Proactively grow the portfolio through broker and client relationships
- Analyse market competitors and ensure rates are competitive with the competition
- Provide technical advice to direct reports, product training, and guidance
- Manage operational budgets
- Active involvement with reinsurance treaty
Your experience and qualifications:
- Extensive experience managing a property portfolio incl ISR
- Tier 1 qualifications or above
- Ideally you will have experience managing a team but this is not mandatory
- Experience managing budgets and ensuring the profitability of your book
- Experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to forecast, succession plan and identify market risks
Experience developing policies and procedures
This is your opportunity to be part of a collaborative team working towards the same goal. The company pride themselves on being able to provide work/life balance for their employees and actually deliver on this. If this sounds like what you've been looking for apply now or or apply through the portal.
For other opportunities check out our website www.blakeoliver.com.au
For a confidential discussion call Julia 0452 442 733 or Dan 0424 188 733