Managing 1 staff member and mentoring others in the teams you will be responsible for overseeing the performance of the property portfolio and providing insight, training and guidelines for property underwriters and clients.
Duties will include:
- Monthly Management reporting outlining key premium, claims and profitability metricsactual V budget, also identifying key trends.
- Annual budget estimates.
- Policy wordings, proposal forms, product information sheets, underwriting manuals,rating manuals and premium calculators.
- Development and management of Delegated Underwriting Authorities for Property Products to be issued as appropriate to Underwriting and Renewals team members.
- Provide information required for both external and internal audit (whether by regulators,reinsurers or auditors) and prepare responses to audit findings as required.
- Complete regular technical reviews including, claims analysis, rate reviews and analysis to meet operational requirements.
- Development and delivery of product training modules.
- Review of products in line with the product review schedule.
- Technical specialist in property underwriting: 10 + years.
- Extensive experience in property portfolio management with a demonstrated capacity to achieve
- set growth and profitability targets.
- Extensive experience within a General Insurance environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policies and procedures for portfolio management.
- Ability to demonstrate a hands-on, co-operative and consultative approach.
- Extensive experience in product development and innovation.
- Budgeting and business planning experience.
- Certified Insurance Professional (CIP).
- Insurance qualifications equivalent to ANZIIF Senior Associate (desirable).
- Insurance qualifications equivalent to FSRA Tier 1 or above.