Based in the CBD, this niche insurer is currently seeking an experienced Property Underwriting Manager to head up their profitable property division.
The business itself has numerous benefits for their employees including: monthly RDO's, massages onsite, an onsite gym (or optional funded gym of your choice), huge refurbished lunchroom and balcony with bbq that overlooks the park and team social drinks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of new business and renewal underwriters
- Ensure team is meeting SLAs and financial goals
- Oversee renewals team and ensure renewals are processed in a timely matter
- Proactively grow the portfolio through broker and client relationships
- Provide technical advice to direct reports, product training and guidance
- Set and monitor service delivery standards and prepare reports
- Ensure decisions regarding risk are within underwriting appetite and boundaries
Your experience and qualifications:
- Experience managing a team of property underwriters
- Tier 1 qualifications or above
- Experience managing budgets and ensuring profitability of your book
- Experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to motivate and train staff
- Succession planning
- Collaborate with portfolio team to ensure strategies and pricing are competitive
- Experience implementing changes to procedures, practices and business models
- Desirable - Lean methodologies experience
This is your opportunity to be part of a collaborative team working towards the same goal. The company pride themselves on being able to provide work/life balance for their employees and actually deliver on this. If this sounds like what you've been looking for apply now or or apply through the portal.
For other opportunities check out our website www.blakeoliver.com.au
For a confidential discussion call Julia 0452 442 733 or Dan 0424 188 733