Opportunity to join a leading independent specialist claims manager with significant responsibility.
Ownership and management of a portfolio of public liability incidents and claims, liaising with relevant parties, assessing liability, financial exposure and making recommendations for the future strategy of each claim.
- Early and effective liability assessment in line with authority levels
- Employ proactive early intervention strategies to reduce claims cost
- Develop a strategy for claim resolution
- File and claim reviews, managing approx. 200 case files
- Communicate effectively with claimants, clients, brokers, investigators, lawyers, insurers and medical practitioners
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and liaison techniques, facilitating regular contact with clients
- Account retention and development of new business
- Broad understanding of insurance sector
- Understanding of the Insurance Contracts Act and privacy code
- Understanding the role of brokers and other industry stakeholders
- Identify clear conflicts of interest
- Time management and demonstrated ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Effective Negotiation and commercial nous
- Strong verbal and written communication, comfortable drafting documents
Please apply directly or reach out to Greig on 0476 806 232 for a confidential discussion.