A fantastic opportunity has become available with a leading Insurance broker in Melbourne. Our client is looking for an experienced Infrastructure & Applications Manager to join them at an exciting time of growth. Our client has a strong heritage teamed with a great culture and benefits.
The Technical Application Manager reports to the Technology Operations Manager providing IT Support to the group and its partners where required.
The Technical Application Manager acts as the subject matter expert, providing 2nd and 3rd level support to support teams while ensuring core business infrastructure and applications are maintained.
The role involves being a vital influencer in the creation and maintenance of Change Management, Problem Management and Critical incident frameworks.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following;
- Knowledge of System design, development, implementation and user support principles and practices
- Assist with ensuring infrastructure is maintained
- Assist with maintaining network security
- Assist in maintaining core business functions and connectivity (e.g. Data centre network, internet, network monitoring and security)
- Subject Matter expert for assets and network (e.g. Firewall and VPN devices, routers, switches, phones, printers, computers, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining VMware and hosted virtual machines
- Ensure network and application documentation is maintained and continually improved
- Responsible for maintaining the server environment with the assistance of Engineer and or third-Party vendor
- Assisting in Hardware and Software packaging and deployment
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Proficient in ITIL practices and frameworks
- Extensive Windows Server Administration knowledge
- vSphere administration training and experience
- Extensive ability to install, troubleshoot and administer computer hardware, software
- Comprehensive knowledge of networks and networking principles
- Familiarity with Project Management principals
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to handle escalations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Change Management process
- Strong Customer Service focus
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Effective written communication
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening skills
- Ability to maintain industry knowledge and understanding of current trends
- This is an intermediate to senior technical position and there is a requirement for extensive experience and knowledge across a range of competencies.
- Further specialist training may be provided depending on experience and position requirements
How To Apply
Please send your resume via the APPLY NOW button. You can also apply via our website www.blakeoliver.com.au/jobs