Based in the CBD, this niche insurer is currently seeking an experienced Underwriting Manager to head up their profitable property division.
The business itself has numerous benefits for their employees including: monthly RDO's, massages onsite, an onsite gym (or optional funded gym of your choice), huge refurbished lunchroom and balcony with bbq that overlooks the park and team social drinks.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Review company and portfolio performance for ISR, P.L and Workers Comp and make adjustments where necessary with pricing team.
- Monitor and report discounting and loading across all portfolios.
- Manage a team of 5
- Ensure Workers Comp licences are up to date
- Provide up to date pricing reports including rate comparisons and market trends
- Monthly reports on exposure and claims, budgets and portfolio results
- Operational plans
- Training and coaching staff
- Cost centre budgets and expenditure reports
Your experience and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in portfolio management
- A good understanding of P.L, ISR and ideally, but not mandatory Workers Comp
- Experience managing changes to practice, business models and procedures.
- Tier 1 qualifications or above
- Experience managing a team
- Experience managing budgets and ensuring profitability of a portfolio
- The ability to forecast, succession plan and identify market trends
- Experience developing policies and procedures
This is your opportunity to be part of a collaborative team working towards the same goal. The company pride themselves on being able to provide work/life balance for their employees and actually deliver on this. If this sounds like what you've been looking for apply now or or apply through the portal.
For other opportunities check out our website www.blakeoliver.com.au
For a confidential discussion call Julia 0452 442 733 or Dan 0424 188 733