This large suburban broker is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team. There is plenty of support offered from this team of sales and marketing staff, administrators and managers to ensure you have everything you need to concentrate on bringing in new business and fostering existing relationships you have in the market to cross and upsell insurance products to. This is a face to face sales position so you must be comfortable presenting a business case to multiple stakeholders.
The skills and experience required for this position are:
- Previous experience working for a broker
- Ideally as a BDM or a heavily sales focused Senior/Account Executive
- Good time management skills
- The ability to make your own appointments
- The ability to cross and upsell where necessary
- Full, clean drivers license
- A self starterwho is self-motivated
- The ability to meet and exceed KPIs and sales targets
- Ideally, you will be tier 1 qualified in broking
- Polished presentation
- Good commercial or financial lines product knowledge
- The ability to manage a small portfolio so that you are able to keep relationships with key underwriters in the market
You will need to fulfill sales targets and budgets. As part of your role, you must organise your own appointments through cold or warm calls. Follow up these calls with a face to face visit which is usually held on site. From there you can gain an in-depth understanding of the client's needs and requirements. Obtain information on their claims history and make a decision on whether it will be a profitable risk to bring onto the books.
Manage a small portfolio, this will be 30% of your role.
If this is the type of role you'd be interested apply now or email me direct on