Multiple roles across general insurance claims (G.I/workers comp) i.t, finance, underwriting and service delivery. This is a part time .06 position based in the CBD near public transport.
- Quality control and compliance assurance for the division including monitoring, testing and recommending proposed changes to systems and processes.
- Monthly bench marking and performance metrics data/reports to ensure all major activities are completed to best practice standard and within operational, legislative and regulatory time frames
- Monthly metrics reporting on all key risk areas for the division
- Updated risk register; action register; incident register; breach register; complaints register,all within agreed time frames
- Compliance with Business Continuity requirements in line with the BC Operational Program including DR and Crisis Management
- Document audits and other quality assurance activities and evaluate audit findings;implement corrective/preventative actions and monitoring systems.
- Document evidence to support management attestations.
- Document, test and maintain claims processes and procedures to meet operational,
legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Recommendations to improve processes and improve service to clients.
- Review and maintain processing and operational manuals
- Ensure that employees maintain continuing professional development activities and
demonstrate adherence to compliance obligations in their day to day activities.
- Implement learning and development program to meet all requirements of Compliance Plan
- Provide training, coaching and support to the team to embed risk management and quality
- Ensure protocols/agreements to manage external service provider relationships are in place,
monitored and adhered to.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance or related field or extensive experience in the Financial Service industry
- Extensive experience in business process improvement
- Strong understanding and experience of the current regulatory environment, particularly in regard to APRA and ASIC
- Knowledge of Australian Standards and better practice principles of risk assessment, business continuity and compliance and experience interpreting these to improve business processes
- Audit or quality assurance experience in an insurance and/or workers compensation environment
- Experience in process mapping using tools such as Visio
- Exposure to legislation impacting insurance industry, particularly Workers Compensation Insurance
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
If this sounds like the type of role you'd be interested in apply now or call Julia Cooke 0452 442 733 for a confidential discussion.