ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is a leading and highly respected National Insurance Brokerage. You will join a high performing business in their Newcastle office. As an Internal Account Executive, you will have exposure to Top Tier Clients including ASX Listed businesses, and large Privately Owned Organisations as well as those in the Mid-Market.
This is an exciting opportunity to forge a long-term career in the Corporate & Commercial space. A strong General Insurance broking background is advantageous. Significant experience in the General Insurance market with specific exposure to Property, Casualty, Construction & Motor is highly desired. You will also be required to prove a track record of delivering high levels of client service with an understanding and ability to execute complex placements. KEY DUTIES:
- Development of future opportunities through interaction with existing clients, including/and actively seeking opportunities for new business.
- Management/development of a portfolio of business with an emphasis on profitable growth.
- Processing of new business, renewals, and policy maintenance.
- Preparation of quotations, negotiations with underwriters, preparation of reports.
- Process Improvement - actively seek opportunities to enable our processes to be efficient & effective.
- Policy Renewal and Claims management, liaising with key stakeholders within the process when required.
- Staff development will require you to assist in staff training and/or mentoring where appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists.
- Broad knowledge of General Insurance products including P&C.
- Exhibit sales orientated behaviours, defined by other senior leaders as; motivated, tenacious, focused, technically skilled, proactive, and accountable.
- Ability to make technical comparisons and recommendations between underwriter’s products.
- Ability to deliver and present Commercial, Corporate & broader General Insurance products to clients.
- Ensure contract certainty.
- Conduct self-audit as required.
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities.
This is an exciting position that will meet the needs of the most ambitious. In addition to a competitive salary package and bonus structure, this role may also require some interstate travel moving forward. ABOUT YOU:
In an ideal world, you will already be in a similar Account Executive role, but as the world is not ideal, providing you have a strong General Insurance broking background, and demonstrable skills then we can still chat.
I would also be interested to speak with experienced General Insurance Underwriters who may be considering a transitioning into broking. HOW TO APPLY Interested? Apply via the link or reach out to me directly for a confidential discussion; Daniel Elliott NSW Managing Consultant +61 451 547 630