ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is a leading and highly respected National Insurance Brokerage. You will join a high performing business in their Sydney, CBD office. As a Consultant across their Financial Lines portfolio, you will have exposure to Top Tier Clients including ASX Listed businesses, and large Privately Owned Organisations as well as those in the Mid-Market.
This is an exciting opportunity to forge a long-term career in the Corporate & Commercial space. A strong Financial Lines broking background is advantageous. Experience in the General Insurance market with specific exposure to Financial Lines, Professional Indemnity, Directors & Officers, Management Liability is highly desired. However, my client can onboard & upskill, therefore & if your experience is in another insurance industry vertical – KEEP READING. KEY DUTIES:
- Development of future opportunities through interaction with existing clients, including/and actively seeking opportunities for new business.
- Management/development of a portfolio of business with an emphasis on profitable growth.
- Processing of new business, renewals, and policy maintenance.
- Preparation of quotations, negotiations with underwriters, preparation of reports.
- Process Improvement - actively seek opportunities to enable our processes to be efficient & effective.
- Policy Renewal and Claims management, liaising with key stakeholders within the process when required.
- Staff development will require you to assist in staff training and/or mentoring where appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists.
- Knowledge of General Insurance products including FinLines, PI, Liability & D&O.
- Exhibit sales orientated behaviours, defined by other senior leaders as; motivated, tenacious, focused, technically skilled, proactive, and accountable.
- Ability to make technical comparisons and recommendations between underwriter’s products.
- Ability to deliver and present Commercial, Corporate & broader General Insurance products to clients.
- Ensure contract certainty.
- Conduct self-audit as required.
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities.
This is an exciting position that will meet the needs of the most ambitious. In addition to a competitive salary package and bonus structure, this role may also require some interstate travel moving forward. ABOUT YOU:
In an ideal world, you will already be in a similar Financial Lines role, but as the world is not ideal, providing you have a General Insurance background, and demonstrable skills then we can still chat.
I would also be interested to speak with Underwriters who may be considering a transitioning into broking. HOW TO APPLY Interested? Apply via the link or reach out to me directly for a confidential discussion; Daniel Elliott NSW Managing Consultant +61 451 547 630 email@example.com